c£45K Full Time, Bristol
Remote, flexible, hybrid working available
We are a Bristol-based agency specialising in SEO, digital PR, and content marketing. We help brands get press coverage and links to be proud of. We’re also pretty good at technical audits, website migrations and good old-fashioned SEO.
We’re a team of around 30 (and growing) passionate specialists, including SEOs, writers, outreachers, creatives, data geeks, and PR pros. Our clients are from around the world, and we excel in servicing SaaS and eCommerce brands.
About the opportunity
We are now looking for our first People & Culture Manager to join us and help deliver our ambitious growth plans. You will be happy getting stuck into the day-to-day nitty gritty whilst also driving and implementing our strategic people plan. Although this is a standalone role, a member of our board has a People Director background so you will have a trusted advisor at hand and know that people and culture are truly a key focus.
You will support the full generalist remit of a HR function with key focus on attracting, retaining and developing our talent. You will ensure we have a comprehensive and agile recruitment process which allows us to attract and recruit the best talent across the industry. You will champion our continuous development ethos to ensure our people are able to be their best selves and are supported and encouraged to reach for their goals.
You will be our values and culture champion and take a lead in driving the ongoing development of our culture in line with the growth of the agency. We prefer to operate with a flat hierarchy and so it’s important that you support and believe in driving a culture of growth mindset and empowerment. You will also take ownership for reviewing and auditing our policies and procedures and refreshing them to ensure that they are legally compliant but more importantly represent who we are and what we stand for.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a generalist HR role.
- Must have experience of working within a standalone role within a Creative or Agency environment or similar.
- You will have experience of working in a fast paced and growing business and be able to juggle the day-to-day priorities with longer term strategic projects and a proven track record of success, leading the delivery of a People/HR function to a high standard.
- You will be able to demonstrate your hands-on experience of working across the employment life cycle, with exposure to employee relations, training and development, compensation and benefits, recruitment, employer branding, values and culture, retention and engagement, communications and organisational change.
- Proven experience in recruitment and understanding how to source for the best talent.
- Good legislative knowledge, balanced judgment and the ability to make sound commercial decisions.
- Strong experience of embedding values and developing culture.
- Experience en developing People/HR policies and procedures which are legally compliant but human.
- Comfortable using G Suite, Slack, Asana and cloud based HR systems.
- A CIPD or equivalent qualification, or equivalent professional experience.
- You’re an incredible communicator with commercial awareness, sound judgement, an
- alytical skills and a knack for implementing simple solutions to complex problems (which you are able to clearly and concisely communicate with a human touch).
- You are a natural coach and facilitator, you know how to get the best out of people and appreciate the uniqueness of everyone in the team. People naturally seek your advice and trust in your guidance.
- You are experienced in working with founders, SMEs and fast growing start ups and thrive on the pace, energy and entrepreneurial approach that comes with this environment.
- Motivated, passionate and a self starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, you’re confident to make decisions and know when to seek input from others.
- Juggling is your thing, you’re well versed and experienced in balancing day-to-day operational necessities with the bigger picture more strategic work streams.
- Discreet and trustworthy with the ability to build strong relations internally and externally and at all levels.
- You believe in human potential, and support everyone to be their best selves.
- You have experience in working within or implementing a coaching style culture.
What you will get from us
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Hybrid office/home working approach
- A training plan to develop you as a professional
- Regular all-expenses-paid company social events
- Gym membership
- Health benefits
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly NO recruitment agencies, please.