We’re looking for an experienced middleweight front end developer who can work closely with our back end web developer and UX designer to help create stunning visual environments. From web apps to websites, we need somebody with talent and flair, as well as the ability to work on multiple projects at once and thrive in a busy agency environment.
In order to create engaging interactive content in the marketing space, you will need to be able to take ideas from concept to reality quickly. This role would also work for somebody who is interested in getting to grips with the commercials of web design.
Pay and benefits will be very competitive for the right candidate. Please do not submit your CV if the requirements of this job advert do not describe and you do not have at least 2-4 years of front end development experience.
Duties & responsibilities
In the process of taking ownership of our web development, your day to day duties will include:
- Front-end development using CSS and HTML.
- Coming up with web design concepts in conjunction with our designer.
- Quoting and planning small and large scale web design tasks.
- Managing client web design projects.
- Creating website design briefs, quotations, and sales decks
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
Skills that will make you the perfect fit
In addition to being a strong problem solver and having excellent communication, statistical and analytical skills, the following skills will be desirable:
- A portfolio of completed projects and designs.
- Open-source CMS experience, particularly WordPress.
- Experience using a CSS preprocessor: Sass, Stylus, LESS etc.
- Expertise in testing using a range of tools and platforms.
- Experience with modular CSS architecture: CSS modules, BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS etc.
- Experience developing for SEO.
Meet the team
We are a Bristol-based agency specialising in SEO, digital PR, and content marketing.
We help brands boost their discoverability online and create press coverage, content and links to be proud of.
We’re a growing agency with a team of specialists. This means you will get to work closely with the experts themselves and learn new skills every single day. We’re a mixture of writers, creatives, search specialists, data geeks, and PR pros.
SEO is at the heart of everything that we do as an agency, so we hope that you’d feel right at home. Our clients are from around the world, and we specialise in servicing SaaS and ecommerce brands. Although we’re sworn to secrecy, we’ve quietly worked with some of the biggest global brands in this space.
During the coronavirus lockdown, we have become a fully remote agency, but our office is located on Bath Road Studios where we share an office building with likes of big-name brands, including Puma and ITV.
- Regular conference attendance
- A training plan to develop you as a professional
- Regular all expenses paid company social events
- Competitive salary
- Access to some of the best tools and systems in the industry
- Gym membership
- Monthly massages
- Health benefits