We are a Bristol-based agency specialising in SEO, digital PR, and content marketing. We are seeking a Financial Assistant & Business Administrator to help run the accounts and financial administration of the agency.
We need an enthusiastic finance-minded person: someone who is ambitious and prepared to grow with our business. This role would also involve business admin and would suit someone who is interested in the intersection of business and finance.
For the right candidate, this opening offers real opportunities to contribute to the day-to-day management of the company.
This role suits an all-rounder who is happy to manage day-to-day transactions and bookkeeping, as well as due diligence and invoicing.
Meet the team
We’re a small agency of about 20 people, and our team is made up of passionate specialists.
As an agency, we’re a mixture of SEOs, writers, outreachers, creatives, search specialists, data geeks, and PR pros.
Our clients are from around the world, and we excel in servicing SaaS and ecommerce brands. Although we’re sworn to secrecy, we’ve quietly worked with some of the biggest global brands in this space.
We have had a recent office move to Bath Road Studios where we share an office building with big-name brands, including Puma and ITV.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Helping prepare monthly management accounts
- Sales ledger / journal control / revenue recognition
- Day to day transactions (general bookkeeping including credit control)
- Banking / recs
- Company systems – mainly Xero
- Purchase ledger, general creditor maintenance and payment runs
- Working closely with our existing financial suppliers (Finance Director/accountants).
Skills that will make you the perfect fit
You must be able to work closely with non-finance based colleagues. The role is very hands-on and it is essential that you are able to plan and structure your own work.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Accountancy/finance qualification/degree preferable, but we will also consider applicants qualified by (relevant) experience
- Experience of using Xero/other cloud accounting apps would be a bonus
- Intelligent and innovative with a can-do approach
- Understanding of business management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Numerate, with excellent Excel skills
- Capable of prioritising multiple tasks in a busy deadline-driven environment
- A positive mindset and a can-do attitude.
At Seeker, we aim to operate in an open and collaborative manner and to provide everyone with the support they need to achieve their career objectives.
- Work with a small team of friendly digital marketers
- Ability to grow with the role and the agency (career development)
- A training plan to develop you as a professional
- Regular all expenses paid company social events
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Health benefits.
We will consider part-time hours and flexible working for this role.