In this talk, Steff Preyer explained how to optimise your voice search visibility using avenues such as Google Actions to reach smart speakers.
- Speaker: Steff Preyer
- Company: Rabbit & Pork
- Website: https://wearerabbitandpork.com/
- Twitter profile: @rabbit_andpork
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephaniepreyer/
- Link to the slides:
What was the talk about?
Potential impact on the industry
Voice search is significantly changing how people engage with the internet. That spells trouble for some businesses, but also opportunity. If you can adapt faster than other companies, you can really benefit. Key to this is understanding your customers at a personal level. Voice search is nuanced: the better you know what people want, the better you can provide it.
— Rabbit & Pork (@rabbit_andpork) 12 April 2019
- Google Actions and Alexa Skills are worth consideration.
- Webmasters should seek to win answer boxes.
- Some phrases are “whitelisted” on Google so no third-party entity can target them.