In this talk, Oliver Ewbank outlined the importance of local PPC. Backed up with hard stats, Oliver showed us how to get the most out of your local PPC strategy with 19 tips you can go away and action today.
- Speaker: Oliver Ewbank
- Job role and company: Digital Marketing Adviser/Consultant, Freelance
- Twitter profile: @oliverewbank
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/oliverewbank/
- Link to the slides:
What was the talk about?
The talk was a whistlestop tour of 19 actionable tips to improve local PPC. Oliver highlighted the value of Google Maps ads and its Local Extensions, which you can use to target and bid by location. Furthermore, Oliver referenced the Google Display Network, which lets you target major local publications for PPC ad space. These are just two of the great tips Oliver outlined — check out his slides for the full list.
“Always test your site speed, especially for mobile sites.”
Potential impact on the industry
As more and more people use their smartphones for searches, local SEO is growing ever more important by the day. PPC is a part of this, helping you target the 3 out of 4 people who perform a mobile search that go on to visit a related store within 24 hours. And when 82% of smartphone users look to search engines when searching for a local business, it’s a lucrative channel that you shouldn’t miss out on.
— SEMrush (@semrush) April 12, 2019
- Make the most of your store visit data to improve your local PPC strategy.
- Run regular user location reports.
- Take advantage of local inventory ads.