Creating and launching a website is an arduous and time-consuming process, so any inefficiency in the method can compound, proving extremely costly. This talk from Justin Taylor covered how rapid prototyping can speed things up enormously.
- Speaker: Justin Taylor
- Company: Graphitas
- Website: http://www.graphitas.co.uk/
- Twitter profile: @JustinGraphitas
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justtaylor/
Link to the slides:
What was the talk about?
On design teams: “These guys get it. Designers really understand what websites or visual communication is all about, because they’ve been trained in it. They’ve spent years at university and working in agencies. They understand probably better than anybody what motivates people: what engages and intrigues consumers.”
Potential impact on the industry
- Rapid prototyping is about converting ideas directly into designs with no wireframing.
- Once the prototype has passed testing, you can move to development.
- You can save time using repeating grids and a plugin to draw data from Google Sheets.
- A plugin called Stark lets you test with filters for colourblind users.