- Speaker: Corinne Card
- Company: Full Story Media
- Website: https://fullstorymedia.co.uk/
- Links to Twitter profile: @fullstoryuk
- Link to LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/corinne-card/
- Link to the slides:
What was the talk about?
Corinne gave us an in-depth look at what exactly a great brand podcast should be. Featuring tidbits from successful podcasters, Corinne highlighted the most important aspects you need to focus on. Know your audience and value them, and always follow your passion. Only 7% of podcasts ever make it past seven episodes, so if your passion is genuine, you’ll go far.
#Podcasting is a growth market with low barriers to entry. @fullstoryuk #BrightonSEO pic.twitter.com/YfbJHlDzvI
— Philippa Siguencia-Winnings (@PhilippaSW) April 12, 2019
“The human voice is the most powerful sound in the world.”
Potential impact on the industry
Podcasts are soaring in popularity (especially among young people), and they provide a vital channel for brands to connect with consumers. It’s important that this profitable channel does not go untapped, so you can go straight to your customers’ ears and grow your brand.
- Start with a mission — follow your curiosity and your passion will shine through.
- Pick a clever name for your podcast — you want to stand out.
- Invite exciting interviewees onto your show (especially influencers), and give them the VIP experience.
- Create a solid intro with some licence-free music.
- Build relationships with your listeners that is respectful and has depth.