If you’re looking for a lady with a passion for words, look no further than Bethany Joy. In this insightful talk, Bethany explained exactly how to create a unique and compelling brand voice (and why it matters).
Speaker’s name: Bethany Joy
Job role and company: Brand voice crafter at Bethany Joy
Links to Twitter profile: @hellobethanyjoy
Link to LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/iambethanyjoy/
— Social INK (@socialink_co) April 12, 2019
What was the talk about?
Brand voice is a phrase often bandied about but rarely delved into. Bethany helpfully defines it as “a consistent way of writing that effectively communicates your organisational personality to your audience”. It’s about how you communicate, the way you do it, how it conveys your brand personality, how it should reflect who your audience is, and why consistency matters.
“Brand voice is what helps your SEO efforts pay off”
Potential impact on the industry
With so much competition online, brand voice is what sets your business apart. As Bethany says, it’s what helps your SEO efforts pay off — there’s no point ranking if you can compel your customers to click and engage. As SEO grows ever more difficult and competitive, brand voice is vital for getting your business seen.
- To create your brand voice, you must first look at your current voice
- Clarify your brand identity and your brand audience too
- Define what you want your desired brand voice to sound like
- Flesh out your selected voice with examples of how it should be
- Develop simple brand voice guidelines that everyone in your organisation can follow